Are you looking for the best WordPress eCommerce plugins to grow your business?
WordPress is one of the most popular website builders for eCommerce entrepreneurs. One of its many benefits includes all the powerful plugins at your disposal.
These tools can help you quickly and efficiently build your online business.
That’s why, in this article, we’re excited to share the WordPress eCommerce plugins that will help you grow and expand your online store.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
Best Ecommerce Plugins for WordPress
Since this article is very detailed, we’ve created the following table of contents to help you find the exact plugins you’re looking for:
- Essential Plugins For an Online Store
- Grow Your Email List
- Increase Your Sales
- Create a Great User Experience
- Maintain and Protect Your Site
- Test and Analyze Your Performance
And if you need help with a bit of everything, feel free to keep reading.
Essential Plugins for an Online Store
OptinMonster is the most powerful conversion optimization and lead generation software for eCommerce stores.
What that really means is we’re the best at getting your site’s visitors to take the actions you want them to. How do we do that?
By helping you create high-converting conversion campaigns like popups, floating bars, fullscreen welcome mats, and more in a matter of minutes.
OptinMonster comes with 50+ stunning templates and a drag and drop builder, so you don’t need any coding skills or design experience.
We made everything totally user-friendly, so anyone could create awesome campaigns for their eCommerce store.
These conversion campaigns can be used to increase page views on your site, grow your email list, increase sales, and more.
Plus, OptinMonster has loads of targeting tools specifically for eCommerce:
This allows you to create 100% customizable conversion campaigns based on specific products in your eCommerce store, what items your customer has in their cart, what your customers’ cart total is, and much more.
That makes this the perfect eCommerce plugin for small businesses and larger companies alike.
All of these targeting rules empower you to quickly boost sales in your eCommerce store.
Need proof? See how Cole’s Classroom added $55,494 in sales using OptinMonster.
Want to learn more about how OptinMonster works? Check out this post, Is OptinMonster Worth It? An Extensive Review.
- Turn abandoning visitors into leads using Exit-Intent® technology
- Create special offers targeting repeat visitors based on their previous interactions with your site using onsite retargeting
- Follow up with your visitors using MonsterChains
- Create custom browser cookies based on your customers’ demographics data then show highly targeted campaigns to drive conversions
- Rely on stellar customer support at all times
OptinMonster seamlessly integrates with WordPress as well as any eCommerce platform including WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Shopify.
It’s why OptinMonster is one of the best eCommerce plugins for WordPress available.
Ready to see it in action? Click below to start your 100% risk-free OptinMonster account today:
WooCommerce is a powerful WordPress eCommerce plugin that just so happens to be FREE. It’s the driving force behind 30% of all online stores and offers incredible flexibility and customization.
It’s owned by Automattic, one of the most reliable and powerful companies in the WordPress ecosystem.
They’ve made it easy for anyone to create an eCommerce store in just a few minutes (and with just a few clicks!). This is true whether you’re selling digital goods or physical goods.
- Hundreds of extensions and themes, making it easy for you to add new features to your WooCommerce store, including art abandonment features, inventory management, distribution of discount codes, and much more
- Supports physical products as well as digital downloads
- Affiliate marketers can add affiliate or external products to your site, providing users a better experience
- Easily manage your inventory or even assign it to a store manager
- Built-in support for popular payment gateways (plus, you can add many other payment options using extensions)
- Automatically calculate taxes, shipping costs, and other expenses
- Excellent support including documentation, a knowledge base, help desk, and community forums
The biggest drawback of WooCommerce is its scalability. As your store gets larger, you’ll need to move to a managed hosting provider to scale your WooCommerce store.
Otherwise, this is one of the best free plugins on the market and the easiest way to start your online store.
If you’re interested in WooCommerce, you may want to check out the following article: How to Create a WooCommerce Popup (+7 Ways to Boost Sales).
Shopify, like BigCommerce, is a cloud-hosted eCommerce solution that lets you quickly get started with selling online. To get started with Shopify, you just sign up and dive in. No need to fuss with setting up different payment gateways, handling shipping or taxes, or making sure the site is secure.
Shopify handles it all.
Shopify makes our list because it’s an all-in-one solution that’s hassle-free.
Plus, it has a plugin that lets you create a WordPress site to manage your content and still drive more sales.
- Supports both digital and physical products
- Comes with an inventory editor, bulk importer, and an order tracker, making inventory tracking super easy
- Multiple payment options mean you can accept credit cards online and in-person
- Streamlined shipping options and direct integrations with popular providers like USPS makes order fulfillment a snap
- Shopify integrates with everything
Using Shopify integration with your WordPress eCommerce website? Go check out this post on the 29 best Shopify apps to increase your sales.
BigCommerce is an eCommerce solution that’s specifically designed to help businesses with online sales. It’s the same platform that runs powerhouses like Skullcandy, Ben & Jerry’s, CamelBak, and other super well-known online stores.
BigCommerce is cloud-hosted and offers seamless integration with your WordPress website. This offers scalability, enterprise-grade security, and high performance.
BigCommerce is a stand-alone platform, but also has a plugin to integrate eCommerce features with WordPress.
- Keeping your eCommerce engine separate from other content makes it easier to run your WordPress website
- You can use it to sell on other channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon
- Choose from dozens of top payment gateways and only pay the payment service provider (no transaction charges)
- Offers a wide range of shipping and fulfillment options
- Comes with 80+ predesigned, responsive templates to help you design the best storefront
- Easily customize your store with BigCommerce apps
If you’re using BigCommerce, then we suggest you check out this post: Top 11 BigCommerce Apps That Will Convert More Customers.
A lot of time and effort goes into optimizing eCommerce websites for SEO performance, but All in One SEO is a WordPress plugin you can count on to keep it user-friendly.
- Content and on page SEO analysis
- Snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results
- Site audit, SEO score, and optimization recommendations
- Social media integrations
- Headline analyzer
- Technical SEO features like sitemaps, robots.txt, and schema markups
6. Schema Pro
Schema Pro is a paid SEO WordPress plugin that helps you boost your website’s SEO without having to add manual code to each page.
Schema is the data that makes it possible for search engines to read and understand your site. This is also the data that helps search engines match your site to people’s search queries.
With a user-friendly platform, Schema Pro offers 20+ types of schema. For eCommerce, Schema Pro offers product schema. This schema enriches your product listing in search engines, enticing searchers to click into your store.
Sure, adding schema takes time. But Schema Pro helps to automate a chunk out of the work to boost your SEO.
- Real-time testing validates your schema in seconds
- Compatible with Yoast
- Over 20 schema types
Easy Digital Downloads is a lightweight WordPress eCommerce plugin that comes with all the features you need to easily sell your digital products.
Other eCommerce plugins help you sell digital products from your WordPress store, but they come bundled with many features for selling physical products that you’ll likely never need.
Easy Digital Downloads gives you everything you need to sell your digital product–and nothing more.
- Easy to use, even for first-timers
- Hundreds of extensions available for everything from payment gateways to marketing platforms
- Works with almost any WordPress theme, but also has themes built specifically for the plugin
- Has excellent support with forums, videos, tutorials, and an IRC chatroom
WP Simple Pay is the easiest way to accept one-time and recurring payments on your WordPress site without needing to set up a complex shopping cart system.
It’s perfect for selling single products, collecting payments for services, and accepting donations.
WP Simple Pay comes with built-in support for credit card payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, ACH debit payments, and more. It also offers multi-language and currency support.
- Simple payment collection for beginners
- Easy drag and drop payment form builder with custom fields
- Accept one-time payments or recurring payments like installment plans, subscriptions, or trial periods
- Offer discounts with coupon codes
Need a WordPress theme? Here’s a great resource for that: 22 Best Responsive eCommerce Themes and Templates (Free and Paid).
ProjectHuddle is a powerful WordPress plugin that makes feedback between WordPress developers and their clients run smoothly. The sticky-note style of communication makes communication about image mockups and live site design straightforward and organized.
With ProjectHuddle, you can manage an unlimited number of websites, all from one central dashboard. Your feedback and issues are given life and context through ProjectHuddle’s drag and drop interface.
This is a plugin can also benefit you if you have multiple teams or people working on your website.
- Extends search functionality to include custom fields, PDFs, ACF fields, and more
- Detailed search metrics to see what your visitors are searching for
- Redirection after a search is performed
- Keyword stemming
Best Ecommerce Plugins for WordPress to Grow Your List
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. With SeedProd, you can easily create beautiful landing pages using a visual drag and drop builder. And since everything is done on the frontend, there’s no coding required.
Using its landing page templates, you can add email optins, countdown timers, and social share buttons to your eCommerce page.
There are even custom WooCommerce blocks like add to cart, checkout, shopping cart, products grid, and more. This makes it easy to create product pages and customize the WooCommerce checkout flow.
SeedProd also handles coming soon pages, launch pages, under construction pages, and maintenance mode pages for your WordPress site.
And the best part is that SeedProd is a powerful tool for capturing leads before your WordPress site even goes live.
When you have a course or product launch coming up, you can create a Coming Soon Page that captures your audience’s email address. This lets you stay in contact with your target buyer before, during, and after your product launch.
In the end, you’re able to make more sales because you’ve got your leads ready to buy.
- Built-in email autoresponder
- WooCommerce integration
- Search engine optimized
- Social follow and share
Having a pre-launch marketing page really helps build excitement about your brand and can jumpstart your site’s SEO.
But when you add that optin form integration to start building your email list can really give your online business a big advantage. Imagine already having a mailing list of hundreds–or even thousands–of customers when you’re ready to announce your grand opening!
Even if you’re not new to the game, you can use SeedProd to create custom maintenance mode and 404 pages that will delight your visitors and get you leads.
11. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is a user-friendly marketing tool that can cover all your marketing needs.
You can use Constant Contact as an email service provider to send targeted email campaigns to your audience.
They have an easy-to-use campaign builder, tons of analytics to get the highest open rates possible, and loads of other features to help you grow your email list.
They’re one of the most popular Mailchimp alternatives, and the perfect email solution for businesses of all sizes.
- Pre-designed templates to help you send branded emails
- List segmentation
- A/B testing
- Marketing automation
- And much more
Constant Contact is an excellent option for business owners who want to use email marketing to increase their profits.
Sendinblue is another email service provider that we highly recommend.
In fact, Sendinblue can help you with your email marketing but also launch SMS campaigns. It’s loaded with useful sales and marketing features.
They even have a customer relationship management system (CRM) to help your marketing and sales teams work together.
Plus, Sendinblue integrates seamlessly with WordPress. That means you can track conversions and automate your campaigns to boost sales across your site.
- User friendly
- Drag and drop email campaign builder
- Marketing automation tools
- Audience segmentation
- A/B testing
- And much more
Best Ecommerce Plugins to Increase Your Sales
TrustPulse is the best social proof notification plugin on the market. It can help you leverage the power of social proof to increase your conversions by up to 15%.
How does it work? TrustPulse will show a notification anytime someone positively interacts with your site.
So if someone makes a purchase, for example, you can have TrustPulse show a notification to your site’s visitors. This makes your brand appear more trustworthy and creates a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out).
In the end, your site’s visitors see other people benefiting from your product, and they want those same benefits.
- Smart targeting using advanced rules and timing controls to show your campaign at the right time to boost conversions
- Flexible design options to match the look and feel of your website
- Actionable analytics show you at a glance which pages deliver the highest conversions
- Works seamlessly with all popular website platforms
Ready for the best part? You can start TrustPulse totally FREE.
TrustPulse lets you use its software for 500 sessions for free. After that, the paid plans begin at just $4/month. That’s roughly the cost of your morning cup of coffee.
This makes TrustPulse easily one of the best eCommerce plugins for WordPress with little or no investment.
Head over to get your free TrustPulse account today!
PushEngage is the best push notification software on the market. With push notifications, you can drive users back to your website by sending personalized messages right to their desktop or mobile browsers.
You can send new blog post announcements, abandoned cart reminders, new product announcements, alert customers to a price drop, and much more.
Plus, you can take advantage of powerful features like triggered notifications and dynamic segmentation to send the right notifications at exactly the right time.
And getting users to opt-in to your push notifications is easy with PushEngage. You can create custom opt-ins and trigger them to appear based on time on page, scroll percentage, or by the click of a link, button, or image.
It’s compatible with WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, and many other popular platforms.
- Custom domains and branding
- Personalization features
- A/B testing
- Goal tracking and analytics
- Offline notifications
- And more
You can try out PushEngage for free and start sending 30 campaigns/month to up to 500 subscribers.
Cart Recovery for WordPress is a WordPress eCommerce plugin that works with WooCommerce, WP eCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and Restrict Content Pro right out of the box.
You can use this plugin to easily track abandoned carts, view stats in your WordPress dashboard, and configure automatic recovery email sending. Plus, it integrates with WordPress’ GDPR compliance tools for data access and data removal requests.
- Captures customers name, and email address as soon as they’re entered at checkout
- Capture and engage new customers who never reach checkout with “Save to Cart”
- Trigger abandoned cart email campaigns automatically
- Track in-progress carts, abandoned carts, and recovered carts easily within your WordPress dashboard
Cart Recovery for WordPress is one of your best options for reducing shopping cart abandonment with your online store.
WP Product Review is the best WordPress plugin for eCommerce on the market for product reviews. Adding a product review is easy, and you get to choose how you want to manage and display reviews on your website.
You simply select the product review option when writing a blog post, and the plugin shows you all the settings you need to write your review. You can even break down your review into features, add images, pros and cons, and more.
- Save time by importing features from reviews you’ve already built (and Amazon info!)
- 3 review layouts let you choose a layout that appeals to your visitors
- When posting comments, users can rate the different product specifications
- Automatically generate comparison tables from existing reviews
WP Product Review comes with sidebar widgets that let you showcase your reviews. And, you can use it to collect user-submitted reviews or let your users add their own rating and reviews in the comments.
All reviews use schema.org rich snippet format for maximum SEO benefit.
WordPress eCommerce Plugins for Better UX
One of the best ways to create a great user experience is to ask users what they want and expect from your brand or site. And WPForms is the best way to get that valuable feedback from your site’s visitors.
- Create a form in just a few minutes without writing any code using the drag and drop builder
- Smart survey fields: Likert scale, ratings, multiple-choice
- Create polls and display real-time results on your site
- Real-time insights offer beautiful reports with the best visualization
- Integrations for PayPal and Stripe
- Authorize.net addon now available
On top of all that, WPForms includes multi-page forms, email integration, conditional logic, and tons of other features, plus addons to extend its functionality even more.
There’s a free plan available, though pricing for paid plans starts at only $39.50/year.
18. Wholesale Suite
Wholesale Suite is a suite of three plugins that make it easy to add wholesale features to your eCommerce site.
If you run your store with WooCommerce, there’s no option to add wholesale pricing in the same product listing. You would need to duplicate your product pages and create separate prices. This can lead to a confusing and poor shopping experience for visitors.
But, with Wholesale Suite, you can easily add wholesale pricing to your product pages for bulk buyers, while continuing to display regular prices for retail customers.
This plugin also lets you create responsive wholesale order forms and automate the recruiting and registration process for wholesale customers.
- Tons of wholesale pricing options
- Set minimum purchase amounts
- Control shipping and tax separately from retail customers
- Manage product visibility by user role
- And much more
SearchWP significantly improves the WordPress search function. With this WordPress eCommerce plugin, you can customize your search to include pretty much every bit of content on your site.
This includes eCommerce product details, categories, tags, custom fields, document content, and much more.
This search feature can help your customers find the products they’re looking for and greatly improve your user experience (UX).
- Easily control your WordPress search algorithm
- Show better search results by using keyword stems instead of exact search terms
- Detailed search metrics to see what visitors are searching for
- Integrates with popular plugins like WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, bbPress, and more
Visitors will bounce from your site if they can’t quickly find what they need. The increased search functionality offered by SearchWP gives you the chance to improve user experience and reduce bounce rates.
WordPress Plugins to Maintain and Protect Your Site
20. Sucuri Firewall
Sucuri Firewall can protect your WordPress eCommerce website from just about any type of attack, including brute force attacks, malware, DDoS attacks, and more.
- Unlimited malware and hack cleanup
- A comprehensive 5-step process ensures that your site’s protected
Sucuri blocks attacks before they even reach your server, keeping your site and users’ information safe.
With this WordPress eCommerce plugin, you can do straight URL matching, as well as use conditional redirects. And, Redirection makes it easy to redirect based on things like a user’s login status, browser, referring site, cookies, and more.
- Conditional redirects in addition to straightforward URL matching
- Track 404 errors so you can fix them
- View logs of all redirects including user and browser information
Redirects are good for your site’s SEO because it lets the search engine know that the page it’s looking for is no longer there. That means your old page’s traffic and backlink strength gets pushed to the new page.
These are the types of features that make Redirection perfect for maintaining your WordPress site.
Broken Link Checker lets you check your eCommerce site for broken links so you can fix them before you start seeing your bounce rates shoot up. Plus, it makes sure that you fix broken links before they hurt your UX.
This plugin monitors links in pages, posts, comments, and even custom fields.
- Monitors links wherever you want: posts, pages, comments, blogroll, and custom fields
- Edit links right from the plugin dashboard
- Get notifications via plugin dashboard or email of links that don’t work, missing images, and redirects
Broken links can do a lot of damage to your SEO and rankings. Plus, they’re super annoying to visitors. Even checking for broken links a couple of times a year can help you reduce bounce rates and increase page views.
Best Ecommerce Plugins for WordPress Performance
MonsterInsights gives you the power of Google Analytics in an intuitive, easy-to-use platform. It’s designed to give you deeper insights into how visitors are interacting with your website.
Plus, it offers enhanced eCommerce tracking features for users operating on WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads platforms.
- Sales tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, LifterLMS, and MemberPress
- Referral and ads tracking
- Integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Instant Articles with a single click
- Track form views, submissions, and conversion rates
With a single click, you can have real-time data on the performance of your eCommerce site. You can also get more in-depth insight into customer preferences and the success of your marketing initiatives.
MonsterInsights gives you all the power of Google Analytics but with a more user-friendly interface. That means all the data you need right at your fingertips, conveniently placed in your WordPress dashboard.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you have everything you need to build a killer online store using all the best eCommerce plugins for WordPress.
Ready to get started with the most powerful plugin of them all? Click below to gets started!
We hope you found this post helpful. At OptinMonster, we have tons of resources for eCommerce stores to help you achieve long-term success. We’ve picked 3 super helpful posts for you:
- 5 Ways to Boost eCommerce Conversions With Downselling
- 13 Simple eCommerce Email Marketing Ideas to Skyrocket Your List
- 7 eCommerce Business Challenges + Easy Ways to Solve Them
These posts will help you find new and improved ways and tools to grow your business. The last post in that list will help you face eCommerce challenges head-on and take your business to new heights.